Multiple choice Questions of Zoology Topic Protein Structure, Amino Acid MCQ with Answers (Amino Acids and Proteins) for NEET, GATE, AIAPGET, NEET MDS, NEET PG, DNB PDCET, AIIMS SS, PGIMER (Other), AIIMS PG and many more competitive examinations.
Protein Synthesis Questions and Answers pdf | MCQ on Protein Structure | Amino Acid MCQ with Answers pdf
1. Which of the following amino acids has an imino R-group?
2. Out of the following amino acid, which one contains sulphur containing R-group?
3. The simplest amino acid with hydrogen atom as an R-group is
4. An amino acid with imidazole group is
5. An amino acid with guanidine group is
6. Which of the following statements is false?
(a) Amino acids have N-terminus, C-terminus and R-groups
(b) Amino acids are most soluble in water at their isoelectric point
(c) The net charge on an amino acid is a function of the pH of the solution
(d) Proline has an amino R-group
8. Which bond in the proteins has a partial double bond character?
9. Which of the following is/are correct?
I. Peptide bond is non planar.
II. Peptide bond has partial double bond character.
(a) Only II
(b) Only I
(c) Both I and II
(d) Neither I nor II
10. The high solubility of amino acids in water is due to
(a) hydrophilic nature of the amino group
(c) the presence of side chain
(d) bipolar ion structure
Protein Questions and Answers PDF
11. a-carbon of amino acids is chiral, except
12. In the groups of amino acids indicated below, which one has side chain containing hydroxylic groups?
(a) Serine, threonine, tyrosine
(b) Leucine, valine
(C) Cysteine, methionine
(d) Glutarnine, tyrosine, serine
13. Which of the following is not true about alanine?
(a) Contains a branched side chain
(b) At pH 1, it will move towards the cathode
(c) At pH 1, the overall charge is +1
(d) At equimolar mixture of D and L, alanine does not rotate the plane polarised light
14. In an a-helix, hydrogen bonds are
(a) between polar amino acids and water
(b) between chains that run side by side
(c) within a single chain
(d) only between amino acids of opposite charge
15. Which one of the following amino acids is the uncharged derivative of an acidic amino acid?
16. Which one of the following amino acids is most compatible with an a-helical structure?
17. The greatest buffering capacity at physiological pH would be provided which of the following amino acid?
18. In which one of the following amino acid myoglobin is likely to be localised highly within the interior of the molecule?
(c) Aspartic acid
19. Glycine is
(a) optically inactive
(b) hydrophilic, basic and charged
(d) hydrophilic, acidic and charged
20. The amino acid found to be limiting in pulses,
MCQs on Protein Structure and Function pdf |Amino Acids Peptides and Proteins
21. All of the mentioned amino acids can participale hydrogen bonding except
22. Glycine and proline are the most abundant amino acide the structure of
23. Which one of the following amino acid may be considered S-hydrophobic amino acid at the physiological pH 7.4?
(c) Aspartic acid
24. The highest concentration of cystine can be found in
25. Which of the following are rare amino acids to be found protein?
(a) Tryptophan and methionine
(c) Serine and leucine
(d) Glutamic acid and leucine
26. Richest source of protein is
27. Which out of these is protein occurs in nature?
(d) Silk and wool
28. Which amino acid is not optically active?
29. Protein present in wheat grain is
30. Amino acid present in histones are
(a) arginine and histidine
(b) arginine and lysine
(c) lysine and histidine
(d) arginine and cytosine
For More Topic of Zoology MCQs CLICK HERE