Punjab Geography MCQ | Important MCQ for upcoming exams detail given below.
Geographic Information Science
In this post we are going to cover geographic information science. and objective type questions.
GEOGRAPHY OF PUNJAB
1. The total area of Punjab is:
b. 50673 sq.kms.
c. 44212 sq.kms.
d. 83743 sq.kms.
2. The total number of rivers in the present Punjab is:
3. Which of the following rivers does not flow through the present Punjab:
a. The Jhelum
b. The Sutlej
c. The Ravi
d. The Beas
4. Which of the following states is located in the south of Punjab?
a. Jammu and Kashmir
b. Himachal Pradesh
5.What is known as the triangular region in between the river Sutlej and Beas?
6. Which of the following districts does not come under the Doaba region?
7. Which of the following pair of the rivers does the Doaba region in Punjab fall in between?
a. The Ravi-Beas
b. The Beas-Sutlej
c. The Sutlej-Ghaggar
d. The Jhelum-Ravi
8. Which belt or region of Punjab does come under the Ravi and the Beas rivers?
9. Which town in Punjab is famous for the textile industry?
10. Which of the following rivers has the Upper-Bari Doab canal or tributary been diverted from?
a. The Sutlej
b. The Ravi
c. The Beas
d. The Chenab
11. What is the name of the soil found in the Mid-plains in Punjab?
a. Sandy soil
b. Alluvial soil
c. Clayey soil
d. Black soil
12. Which crop is cultivated almost in every district?
13. Which of the following districts, is cotton grown in the maximum quantity?
14. Which river-bank is Haridwar situated at?
a. The Bein river
b. The Jamuna
c. The Saraswati river
d. The Ganga river
15. How many districts are there in Punjab in all?
16. The flow of river water made the unlevlled soil?
17. Total Population Punjab in the year 2011 is_
18. Who is the first lady Chief Minister of Punjab?
a. Bibi Jagir Kaur
b. Kiran Bedi
c. Rajinder Kaur Bhattal
d. Ms. Seema Roy
19. Who was the first Governor of Punjab?
a. Mr. Chandu Lal Trivedi
c. Gopi Chand
d. Amrinder Singh
20. Who is the first lady Deputy Commissioner of Punajb?
a. Ms. Vini Chohan
b. Ms. Vini Mahajan
c. Ms. Kiran Bedi
d. None of these
21. Which is the biggest District of Punjab?
a. Fatehgarh Sahib
22. Which is the smallest District in Punjab?
c. Fatehgarh Sahib
23. When was the Punjab annexation with the British Rule?
24. Which is new created city in Punjab?
a. Fatehgarh Sahib
25. When was Punjabi University established?
26. When was the Punjab School Education Board established in Punjab?
27. Which is the biggest grain market of Punjab?
28. When was the treaty of Amritsar held on:
29. When was the Punjab and Pepsu merged?
30. According to 2001 census, the total population of Punjab was:
31. Where is the Punjabi University located?
32. Who is the pioneer of Punjabi suba?
a. Master Tara Singh
b. Master Kapoor
c. Master Akesh
d. Master Mohan
33. Which city of Punjab is famous for furniture goods?
34. How many divisions of Punjab State?
35. Where is Punjab Agriculture University located?
36. What is the old name of Punjab?
a. Sapta Sindhu
b. Sapta Rishi
37. Who is the President Chief Minister of Punjab?
a. Parkash Verma
b. C. Amrinder Singh
c. Prakash Singh Badal
d. M. Surjeet Singh
38. Who was the first Chief Minister of Punjab?
a. M. Ajit Singh
b. Gurmel Singh
c. Tota Singh
d. Gopi Chand Bhargva
39. How many Border State of Punjab?
40. Which is the famous and biggest Airport of Punjab?
41. ‘Chos’ are mainly found in which of the following districts?
d. All of the above
42. Which of the following animals is not found in Punjab?
a. The Wolves
b. The Revive
c. The Leopard
d. The Elephant
43. How many total Districts are there in Punjab?
44. Punjab is rich in:
c. The rock salt
45. What is the shape of the Punjab State?
46. The land of five rivers Punjab was named in Purans as:
a. The Brahmnad
b. The Aeropious
47. Front How many states of India is Punjab One of them?
48. How many Tehsils are there in Punjab?
49. The capital of ‘Punjab and East Punjab State Union’(PEPSU) was at:
50. How many rivers flowed in Punjab?
51. How many Sub-Tehsils are there in Punjab?
52. The number of Dental Colleges in Punjab is?
53. The number of females per thousand males in Punjab is:
54. On which side of India Punjab situated?
1. North West
b. South West
c. East west
d. North South
55. The Rachna Doab comprises the areas including:
a. Wazirabad, Sialkot, Gujranwala and Sheikhupura
b. Gujarat, Bheramk, Shahpur, Miami
c. Attock, Rohtak and Jehlum
d. Lahore, Amritsar and Multan
56. How many Vidhan Sabha Constituencies are there in Punjab?
57. Ranjit Sagar Dam was previously known as:
a. Thein Dam
b. Pong Dam
58. Bhakra Dam was completed in the year
59. The greater part of Punjab is covered with:
a. The alluvial soil
b. The desert soil
c. The grassy soil
d. None of these
60. Name the District which is situated on the bank of the river:
61. What is the number of hospitals in Punjab?
62. The rocky barren lands of Punjab are:
a. The region of Multan and Hissar
b. The region of Bari Doab
c. The region of Bist Jalandhar
d. None of these
63. How many villages are there in Punjab?
64. Among the various passes of Himalayas, which was the most frequently visited by the external invaders:
a. The Kurran pass
b. The Khyber pass
c. The Gomal pass
d. The Bolan pass
65. The total population density of Punjab is:
a. 482/sq Km
b. 483/sq Km
c. 503/sq Km
d. 450/sq Km
66. The total number of seats of Punjab in Lok Sabha is
67. Literacy rate of Punjab is:
68. The largest Railways Station of Punjab is in
69. The largest Railway Junction in Asia is
70. The main road of Punjab located on NH1 is
a. Baba Farid Road
b. Grand Trunk Road
c. Maharaja Ranjit Singh Road
d. Bhattal Road
71. Which is the State Tree of Punjab?
c. Banyan Tree
72. The State Animal of Punjab is:
73. Area wise Punjab Stands on which rank?
74. Which is the most famous city in Punjab?
75. Punjab University is Located at
d. Fatehgarh Sahib
76. Which State known as ‘Steel City of Punjab’?
a. Mandi Gobindgarh
77. Which State known as ‘City of Garden’ of Punajb?
78. According to area, Punjab is India’s _ smallest state?
79. Which of the following districts is not situated in the hilly areas of Punjab?
80. Which one of the following river is not in India Punjab?