Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Badal present budget 2020-21 in the assembly on friday. This Budget gave relief to youth, farmers and students. Students up to 12th class will take free education. No new taxes imposed.
Important highlights of Punjab Budget 2020-21
- Finance Minister did not impose any new tax.
- 6 % DA to Employees.
- Sixth pay commission will be implemented this year, a provision of 4000 crores in the budget.
Punjab Budget for Youth
- 324 Crore allocated for employment generation.
- 148 Crore allocated for skill development.
- 100 Crore allocated for smartphones.
- 11 Crore allocated for hoshiarpur armed force preparatory institute.
- More than 800 placement camps will be organised.
Punjab Budget for Farmers
- 200 Crore for farmer debt relief.
- 8275 Crore for electricity subsidy.
- Mandi fee decrease from 4% to 1%.
- 1000 Crore for corpus fund.
- 200 Crore for national farmer yojana.
- 200 Crore for maize yield.
- 141 Crore for irrigation.
- 10 crore for Research Center.
Punjab Budget for Industrial Subsidy
- Employment to 2 Lakh youth
- 2267 Crore allocated for Electricity subsidy
- 2 New industrial park 2000 crore rupees.
- Relief in 1 lakh old cases of vet assessment.
Punjab Budget for Improvement in Primary Health
- 4675 Crore allocated for health and medicine.
- 600 Crore allocated 5 new primary health centers.
Punjab Budget for Sports
- 270 Crore allocated for sports.
- 35 Crore for AstroTurf and synthetic track.
First Time in Punjab Budget
- 104 Crore allocated to control the air pollution in ludhiana city
- 76 Crore allocated to Amritsar.
- 25 Crore allocated to Stray cattle care.
Particularly Focus on Retirement as well as Employment in Punjab budget
- Retirement age reduced from 60 to 58.
- The employees of above 58 years (age), will retire on 31 March.
- The employees of 58 years (age), will retire on 31st September.
- This year about 14 thousand government employees will retire.
- All employees get 6% DA on 31st of March.
- Due to 14000 vacant seats new generation gets an opportunity of new jobs.
- 2 Lakh vacancies will be opened for the punjab youth.
Punjab Budget for Education
- Free education up to 12th class students and government will spend over 12488 crore rupees.
- Total budget amount for education is consider 13092 crore.
- Free transport facility to primary school students.
Another Important facts about Punjab Budget
- In Patiala, 2 New Universities will be opened first one is Guru nanak dev open university, another one is law vishavvidyala
- 224 crore is reserve for the medical colleges in Firozpur, Patiala, Amritsar, Faridkot.
- Rs. 6000 per month pension to the families of the martyrs.
- 100 Crore allocated for Tourism.
- 15 Crore allocated for harike wetland.
- 810 Crore allocated for the smart city Ludhiana, Amritsar, jalandhar
- 877 Crore allocated for the basic structure of corporation.
- 500 Crore for street, street lights, dumping of garbage and parks renovation.