MCQ on Famous Places in India
1. Siachen is a
(a) Frontier zone between China and India
(b) Frontier zone between India and Myanmar
(c) Glacier frontier zone between India and Pakistan
(d) Desert frontier between Pakistan and India
2. The ‘Charminar’ is in
(b) Fatehpur Sikri
3. National Archieves is located at
(b) New Delhi
4. Puanar Ashram of Archarya Vinoba Bhave is in
(a) Madhya Pradesh
5. Where is the prestigious Bharat Bhavan which is associated with art situated?
6. ‘Tin Bigha’ lease by India to Bangladesh, was a part of
(a) West Bengal
7. Jawaharlal Nehru Pattan is located in which of the following states ?
8. National Gallery of Modern Art and Museum is in
(a) New Delhi
9. Which of the following is known as ‘Garden City of India’ ?
10. ‘Mandi House’ is
(a) The office of the P.M.
(b) The office of NFDC
(c) The Doordarshan CPC
(d) The office of Director General of Doordarshan
11. Headquarters of the South-Western Railway Zone is located at
GK Questions on Famous Places in World
12. Which of the following cities is known as ‘Electronic City of India’ ?
13. The ‘satellite freight city’ is being developed near which of the following cities ?
14. Dalal Street is known for which of the following ?
(a) Grain market in Delhi
(b) Bullion market in Kolkata
(c) Stock exchange in Jaipur
(d) Stock exchange in Bombay
15. The famous Rock Garden is located in which city?
16. “Vijay Stambha” is situated in
17. The Uday Shankar Academy of Dance and Music is proposed to be set up in Uttarakhand in
18. ‘Hawa Mahal’ is in which of the following cities ?
19. ‘Bagh’, a village in Gwalior is famous for
(a) Cave painting
(d) All of the above
20. The official residence of the Pope is at
Questions on Travel and Tourism in India with Answers
21. Where is ‘Elysee Palace’ ?
22. The famous Eiffel Tower is in
23. ‘Niagara Falls’ are in
(b) S. Africa
24. Khyber Pass is in
25. Waterloo is located in
26. Where is the Learning Tower of Pisa ?
27. The Yellow Stone National Park is in
28. “Tinanmen Square” is located in which of the following countries ?
29. ‘Statue of Liberty’ is near to which of the following cities ?
(a) New York
Indian Monuments Quiz Questions and Answers
30. Bethlehem is associated with
(a) Jesus Christ
(b) Martin Luthar King
(c) St. Mary
(d) St. Antony
31. Where is the famous Buddhist Temple of Borobudur ?
32. The famous sphinx is located at
(a) Saudi Arabia
33. Where is Mecca ?
(b) Saudi Arabia
34. Wimbeldon known for lawn tennis courts, is in
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York
35. Largest mint in India is located at
36. In which of the following places is India’s first Open University located
(a) New Delhi
37. The first Indian university opened in 1857 was in
38. Which of the following monuments is the oldest ?
(b) Ajanta Caves
(d) Qutub Minar
39. India’s first satellite launching station is located at
40. The largest and the oldest museum of India is located in the state/union territory of
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) West Bengal
(d) New Delhi
41. The first ‘Financial Service Park’ for industry is being set up at
42. The longest railway line is
(a) Canadian-Pacific Railway
(b) Trans-Siberian Railway
(c) Indian Railway
(d) London Railway
43. Who built Eiffel Tower ?
(b) Gustav Castle
(c) Morris Eiffel
(d) Gustav Eiffel
44. Where is Red Square situated ?
(d) New York
45. Which street is famous for Stock Exchange Market ?
(a) Fleet street, London
(b) Downing street, London
(c) Wall street, New York
(d) Broadway, New York
46. The Gateway of India is situated at
47. In which of the following places Pakistan’s Nuclear Plant is located ?
(d) None of these
48. The New York version of Statue of Liberty was engineered by
(a) A.G Eiffel
(b) American Sculptor Henry Smith
(c) Sir Edwin Lutyens
(d) None of these
49. Purana Qila in Delhi was built by
(a) Sher Shah
(b) Islaw Shah
Identify Indian Monuments Quiz
50. The largest Mughal period bridge in India was built in Akbar’s time at
(a) Delhi (Barapula)
51. Evidence of Roman trade with South India is available from the excavations at
(a) Arikamedu and Kanyakumari
(b) Alagangulam Arikamedu and Kodungallur
(c) Arikamedu and Alagangulam
(d) Kanyakumari and Kodungallur
52. Pava or Pavapuri where Mahavira took his last breath is situated on the bank of the river
53. During Asoka’s period which place was the seat of provincial headquarters and people were generally in revolt against its governor.
54. Kundagrama, where Mahavira was born, was a suburb of which of the following place ?
55. The famous Meenakshi Temple is situated at
(c) Sravana Belagola
56. Which of the following places is famous for Chikankari work, which is a traditional art of embroidery?