We are going to cover dances of India. There are number of Indian Classical Dance Forms and Quiz on that is given below.
Dance Forms of India | Indian Dance
There are mainly two Dance Forms in India available including
- Classical Indian Dance
- Folk Dances in India
Classical Indian Dance
State of Origin
Classical Dance in India
Kathakali and Mohiniyattam
Folk Dances in India
State of Origin
Folk Dance in India
Nautanki, Kajri, Raslila, Chappeli, Jhora
Savari, Painka, Ghumara, Munari
Lai Haraoba, Thang Ta, Pung Cholom, Dol Cholam
Natpuja, Bichhua, Maharas, Kaligopal, Bihu, Bagurumba, Khel Gopal, Naga dance
Kaikottikali and Ottam Thullal
Kumi, Kavadi, and Kolattam
Bhamakalpam, Lambadi, Dappu, Kolattam, Veeranatyam, Vilasini Natyam, Dhimsa, Tappeta Gullu
Popir, Chalo, Buiya, Pasi Kongki, Wancho, Ponung
Jagar, Koli, Shigmo, Dekhni, Ghode, Modni, Tarangamel, Samayi nrutya, Fugdi, Ranmale
Jata-Jatin, Panwariya, and Bakho-Bakhain
Phag, Dhamal, Daph, Gugga, Loor, Khor, Jhumar
Bhand, Bhangra, Daff, Giddha, Dhaman,
Jammu & Kashmir
Hikat, Kud Dandi Nach, Rauf, Mandjas
Ghumar, Ghapal, Jhulan Leela, Chakri, Jhuma, Ganagor, Suisini
Rangma, Nsuirolians, Zeliang, Gethinglim
Ka Shad Suk Mynsiem, Laho, and Nongkrem
Lavani, Koli, Nakata, Gafa, Lezim, Dahikala Dasavtar
Mahasu, Chharhi, Jhora, Dhaman, Jhali, Chhapeli,
Traditional Indian Dance
Bharatanatyam, or classical Indian dance, is the traditional Indian dance type. It is considered to have first appeared in Tamil Nadu. A Bharatanatyam performance uses a well-rehearsed and meticulously orchestrated combination of facial expressions, dance steps, hand gestures, and eye movements. Carnatic music is primarily performed live. There are typically two types of costumes for bharatanatyam. They have a unique skirt design and are pyjama-style. These two artistically created outfits give the dancer comfort so they can perform the movements that go with the “Tala sounds.” For Bharatnatyam dancers, heavy jewellery and makeup are typical. Yamini Krishnamurthy, Rukmini Devi, Alarmel Valli, Padma Subrahmanyam, and Mallika Sarabhai are a few of the well-known names in the traditional Indian dance world.
Indian Wedding Dance
Without Indian wedding dance performances, Indian weddings are lacking. Everyone looks forward to the newlyweds, parents, or other loved ones breaking out into heartfelt dances to joyfully celebrate their marriage of love, and these Indian Wedding Dances never fail to steal the show.
Dans India Dans
A popular Indian reality show focusing on dance is called dans India dans (Dance India Dance). It began airing on Zee TV in 2009 and is still going strong today. The programme has also had offshoots including DID Dance Ka Tashan, DID Super Moms, and DID L’il Masters, among others.
Classical Dance of India | Indian Classical Dance Near Me
1. Chakiar Koothu is one of the most impressive dance forms of ..
b. Tamil Nadu
2. Which among the following is not a classical dance of India..?
3. Name of Dance which was revived by Vallathol.
4. Indian classical dance has been popularized abroad by
a. Malaika Arora
b. Gopi Krishna
c. Uday Shankar
d. Yamini Krishnamurthy
5. Which of the following is a dance drama?
6. Which among the following is the folk dance popular during the harvest season in Punjab?
7. The popular folk dance of Uttar Pradesh is known as
8. The famous folk dance prevalent in Rajasthan.. is called?
9. The oldest form of composition of the Hindustani vocal music is…
d. None of these
10. The Sangeet Natak Akademy fosters the development of dance, drama and music in the country. When was it established?
11. The Lalit Kala Akademy was established by the Government of India to promote understanding of Indian Art, both within and outside the country. When was it established?
12. India’s first talkie film produced in 1931 was
b. Alam Ara
c. Indra Sabha
d. Neel Kamal
13. Chakri, Hikat, Rauf, Damali, Dandinach, Kud dances are folk dances in which state?
a. Jammu and Kashmir
14. Hari Prasad Chaurasia is a renowned Player of
15. With which musical instrument was Ustad Mustaq Ali Kan associated:
16. Birju Maharaj is a well known exponent of
a. Manipuri dance
c. Odissi dance
17. Yamini Krishnamurti is an accomplished exponent of
18. Nandalal Bose is known mostly for his
b. Light music
d. Instrumental music
19. Samantha Fox is associated with
c. Pop music
d. Social service
20. Pandit Vishwamohan Bhatt,, who has won the prestigious ‘Grammy Awards’.. is an exponent in which of the following musical instrument?
21. Mallika Sarabhai is associated with which of the following fields?
a. Social service
b. Classical music
c. Classical dance
22. Vilayat Khan was associated with
23. Panna Lal Ghosh plays which of the following musical instruments?
24. Zaveri sisters are famous in the field of
a. Manipuri Dance
b. Mural Paintings
c. Classical Music
25. ‘Madhubani’ a style of folk paintings, is popular in which of the following states in India?
a. Madhya Pradesh
b. Uttar Pradesh
c. Classical Music
26. The folk theatre of Karnataka is
a. Bhagwat Mela
27. Thillana is a format of
28. ‘Natya-Shastra’- the main source of India’s classical dances was written by
a. Bharat Muni
b. Tandu Muni
c. Narad Muni
d. Abhinav Gupta
29. Most ancient musical instrument among the following is
30. People from which state celebrate their harvest festival around Makar Sankranti?
d. Tamil Nadu
31. Which of the following musical instruments is also referred to as ‘earth body’?
32. Which of the following dtates is Nautanki, a folk dance?
a. Uttar Pradesh
b. Arunachal Pradesh
33. The dance encouraged and performed from the temple of Tanjore was
34. Which dance was revived by Rabindranath Tagore?
35. Which of the following dances is a solo dance?
b. Ottan Thullal
36. Shanta Rao, Bharati Shivaji, Vaijaintimala, Kanak Rele were the famous dancers in the field of
37. ‘Dandia’ is a popular dance of
c. Tamil Nadu
38. Which of the following is a famous Assamese festival?
c. Rongali Bihu
39. Rajasthani and Pahari schools were famous for
40. The headquarters of the Sahitya Akademi is at
c. New Delhi
41. Which classical dance called as ‘Poor man’s Kathakali’
a. Ottam Thullal
42. Koodiiyattam is a
a. Dress prepared in Goa
b. Traditional dance of Kerala
c. Festival of Andhra Pradesh
d. None of these
43. The Rath Yatra at Puri is celebrated in honour of which Hindu diety?
44. Which of the following folk dance forms is associated with Gujarat?
45. Kathak is classical dance of
b. North India
c. Tamil Nadu